Hello Residents of Foxfield Village,
The Foxfield Master Association board of directors recently held a public meeting (online, using Zoom), and I wanted to give you all an update on the decisions we made regarding how our neighborhood resources are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since my previous update, the Kansas Governor has released a comprehensive “Plan to Reopen Kansas,” and Johnson County has voted to follow this plan. Our HOA board has also agreed to use this plan to guide our decisions on opening up our shared resources and holding neighborhood events.
You can read the latest version of the plan here: https://covid.ks.gov/ad-astra-a-plan-to-reopen-kansas/
Regarding the pool, the board has decided to wait until phase 3 of the plan to open our pool. We made this decision based on the limits set on gatherings within each phase. Phase 2 allows for up to 30 people following social-distancing guidelines, whereas phase 3 allows for up to 90 people. Being that we have a fairly large pool, attendance can exceed 30 people and we have no way to monitor and enforce a limited capacity. Our pool rarely (or never) sees more than 90 people in attendance, however, so phase 3 is more appropriate in our situation.
There are additional guidelines and requirements that we must follow regarding pool furniture, the restrooms, sanitation, etc. that we are still working on how to best implement, so more information will follow as we make these decisions between now and when the pool eventually opens.
Regarding the playground, the board has decided to wait until phase 2 to open our playground. When the order is given to officially move from phase 1 to phase 2, we will replace the signs currently in place announcing the closure of the playground with signs urging safe social-distancing guidelines to follow when using the equipment.
The common area and the trails are not prohibited at any stage of the plan, so they are still open for use, as long as you attempt to follow social-distancing guidelines.
Regarding the neighborhood garage sale, the board has decided that this event falls into phase 2 of the plan. The garage sale is currently scheduled for the first weekend of June, and as of today, phase 2 may begin on June 1st. If phase 2 is delayed, it will affect this event, so we will provide an update as soon as we know more. 
Regarding social events, at the time of my previous update, we had already cancelled the pool-opening-party that we’ve held on pool-opening weekend. Because of the level of uncertainty at this point in the plan, we have decided to wait to officially schedule any social events this year until we get closer to phase-out. We’re still hoping to have a large celebration this summer when it is safe, and will announce more details as soon as they are available.
As always, please feel free to reach out to me via email, or contact Shelley at Centennial if you have any questions.
Nicholas Semrau
FFV Master HOA President
Shelley Richards
Property Manager, Centennial